Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Line-art: Leaning girl?


This finishes most of the line-art, though I am still unsure what the clothes will look like (which probably means I need to edit it). This is by far one of my most cleanest ones yet.
This alone took me 1.3h to 'finish'. Mainly getting the face proportions to look right (though the nose still annoys me a bit).



Color scheme:

Scarf: Red
Hair: Blond? Remains to be seen
Shirt & pants area: brownish or blueish, giving contrast to upper area.
Background: Something dark or abstract

Also, this is how I do guides for painting, but can't do any painting due to PS being an ass and crashing the graphics driver for who knows why. Probably some crap with Win 8 compatibility. And all that means that I have to restart to get it back working. Can't be bothered. I'd rather see if I can get The Witcher 1 working. Great game, but man, 3'rd is way too high spec'd. :(

1 comment:

  1. Those guides are nice. I haven't used a grid yet. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    On DA I found someone using color guides as well (he painted a sort of a loose thumbnail first, to get the overall color balance right).

    ReplyDelete