Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Testing out SAI

Much MUCH better for line-art than PS, though lacks in painting capabilities. No worries. It's good that it supports PSD format, which basically allows me to jump back and forth between the two.

Something I did earlier (had to clean up a bit now, so took time :/ ):




It was supposed to be somewhat like "Noblesse"-style, but he's drawing style is quite unique. Eyes developed from rhombus and the drawings he makes are incredibly detailed for a manga, or should I say 'manwha' (korean comic, basically). Mine turned out somehow a mix of Fullmetal Alchemist and his.

So yeah, Sketch (PS) -> Line art (SAI) -> Shading (PS).
And I got to get rid of the stupid habit of using random lines to "generate" a complete imagination of the object. Way too messy and takes too long to clean up.

But without doubt, I'm taking leaps in learning to draw. Might as well keep going until I have the motivation.

1 comment: